Hi guys! It’s been ages. Sorry I zoned out, had to take a break mainly because of some unforeseen circumstances. But guess what? I am back and better now lovelies (victory dance)!!
Lol…. I just got to know on wiki that “palazzo” is an Italian word, borrowed from Latin ‘Palatium’ (palace, large residence), which in actual sense means a large, palatial urban building as at that time in Italy. Funny, isn’t it?
Now, let us do a little comparison here, Palazzo pants are also loose, large, flowing and comfy outfits that came to existence in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
I discovered the pants about four years ago or thereabouts. I am a very skinny girl so I used to get lots of insults about being too thin or slim anytime I wear skinny jeans and all. This made me loose a little bit of confidence and then I began to look for outfits that will make me look bigger, I found out about the palazzo pants and sought solace in it. Initially, some people felt it was ridiculous being all big, loose and large, even my mom felt I looked funny wearing it, but nonetheless, I loved it and fell in love with it. Well well, I didn’t totally dump “skinny jeans”, like NO! I wouldn’t do it for anything or anyone but I got more of my palazzo pants and discovered various breath-taking ways to rock them which I would show you in this article.
So many people pop the question “is palazzo a formal wear”? My honest answer would be No. However, they could pass as formal wear mainly because they can be worn for all occasions, provided you style it with the different outfit as per the occasions. From street styles, work wear, casual outfits, formal and even chic, palazzo pants could be styled gracefully for all occasions.
You can style your palazzo in various ways, with any outfit, in actual fact, in every way possible.
Personally, I wear mine based on my mood for the day. At times, I rock it with a formal shirt, I could wear an oversized denim jacket with it, and most time, a round neck shirt or a crop or tank top. Although, I recently wore the Indian kameez(a traditional outfit originating from the Indian subcontinent, kinda like a long shirt which is the national dress of Pakistan) with my palazzo.
Palazzos have become a part of the street style fashion. They are extremely trendy and comfy and have become very popular these days. They have come to stay and to slay!
Let’s get to the real definition of Palazzo. They are women’s long trousers, cut with a loose, extremely wide leg that flares out from the waist. Even though it has been in existence since the late 60s, it went out of fashion in the start of the 21st century and is a big trend in the fashion world right about now. They are comfortable with a perfect fit for everyone’s shape. As a fashionable lady, you have to create a new chic outfit with the wide leg trousers or palazzo pants. It should be styled in a way to accentuate your figure and bring out your inner beauty.
HOW TO ROCK YOUR PALAZZO PANTS EFFORTLESSLY:
There are hundreds of awesome ideas to style these pants with your everyday essentials and without having to break the bank. They are ideal investments that can get you from the office to rooftop parties. I’m into them a whole lot and I wear them constantly.
- They are similar to pajamas, and can be worn with a simple tank top to look really comfy, basically for an evening event,
- Style your palazzo pants with an extra-large shirt. Trust me, this is one of the best styling ever, and it is what I do almost all the time. It can be tucked in, or otherwise, depending on your mood for the day, or the kind of outing you have.
- Wear a bold graphic tee with your palazzo to give you a daring look, and for a fun outfit.
- Rock a crop top with a pair of high-waist palazzo pants to accentuate your shape in order to cover up for the wideness of your pants.
- Go classic with your palazzo pants by rocking it with your colorful vintage or retro shirt, and an afro hairdo, to give you the 70s vibe.
- A denim jacket never goes wrong with palazzos. In actual fact, it is one of my easiest styling, and one of my favorites.
- For your vacation look, wear a light palazzo pants as a cover up that works for the beach too.
- Style your bold-colored palazzo with a striped shirt for a really cute look. Do not forget your accessories!
- Go chic with your tiny belt.
- Go professional with your heels, and a blazer. You’re good to go!
- For a less stressful and simple look, pair your palazzo pants with a white shirt.
Do you own palazzo pants? How do you wear them? Which of the above style is your favorite? What style tip would you love to see?